Built in 1922, and located in land lot 11 of the 12th district. This plant was not chartered in Troup County, but was built by Lockwood, Green and Company of Boston, the owners at that time of the Hogansville and LaGrange plants of the New England Southern Mills, and sold with them in 1928. It was afterwards sold to the United States Rubber Company and is still in their possession. This mill was adapted to the use of long staple cotton for the manufacture of tire cord. The mill is under the superintendency of H. H. Ocheltree. The managers were John A. Baugh for Lockwood, Green and Company, and H. Gordon Smith for the U. S. Rubber Company.