Georgia Genealogy is being developed as a genealogical and historical resource for your personal use. It contains information and records for Georgia ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Specifically, it provides sources for birth records, death records, marriage records, census records, tax records, court records, and military records. It also provides some historical details about different times and people in Georgia history.
The search on the right side will search all of the Georgia Genealogy website, but will not search the data linked to from our offsite data pages.
New Georgia County Genealogy
Dawson County GA Cemeteries
- Bethel United Methodist Church Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Bird Family Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Dawsonville Cemetery, Dawsonville Georgia
- High Shoals Church Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Kelly Family Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Lebanon Church Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Martin Family Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
- Palmer Family Cemetery, Dawson County Georgia
Haralson County GA Resources
Troup County GA Resources
- Post-Civil War Black Marriages in Troup County Georgia
This database of marriage collected by C. W. Barnum for the Troup County GA AHGP comes from the official marriage books of Troup County GA. These are marriages which occurred between black individuals after the Civil War through 1902.
New Georgia History
Federal Writers Project:
- An Air-Minded Family – Mrs. Omie Williams Epps
- Bargain House – J. Buford Dudley
- Dee, The Washwoman -Sarah Hill
- Georgia Land Lottery Act of 1825
- Sectional Aspect of the Seminole War
- Indian Treaties with Georgia
- Formation of Georgia
History Stories – Youth
- Roster of the 52nd Regiment, Georgia Infantry, Company I
- Compiled Service Records of Georgia Revolutionary War Soldiers
Index to Compiled Service Records of Revolutionary War Soldiers Who Served in the American Army in Georgia Military Operations 1775-1783.
- Georgia Citizens and Patriots
A list of names of petitioners in Georgia who wrote protesting the appointment of Lachlan McIntosh to Brigadier General in the Army of the United States.
- Volunteers in the War with Mexico
Haralson County Obituaries
Mr. Thomas Bailey Murphy Mr. Thomas Bailey Murphy, age 83, of Bremen, GA, the longest serving Speaker of the State House of Representatives in United States History, passed away on Monday December 17, 2007 at his Home in Bremen. Speaker Murphy’s health had been steadily declining in recent years as the result of a Stroke. Mr. Murphy shaped modern Georgia history as much or more than any other individual. An exceptional “country lawyer” from Bremen, he was first elected to the House of Representatives in 1960. From 1974 through 2002, Murphy presided over the House chamber during one of Georgia’s…
1921 Death Index, Haralson County, Georgia
1920 Death Index, Haralson County, Georgia
1919 Death Index, Haralson County, Georgia
Old School Cemetery, Washington, Georgia
Thompson Extractions from the Georgia Land Lottery Papers
Thompson Extractions from the Georgia Land Lottery Papers 1805-1914 by Davis Lucas From: The Georgia Black Book By David Lucas Submitted by Dortha Gamel BALDWIN COUNTY Lot 196-3 Troup, Milledgeville Geo. 1 April 1839 Information having been given through the Southern Recorder (a Newspaper in the city of Milledgevillle) by the following advertisement viz. Executive Department Milledgeville, 2nd October 1838. UPON the application of THOMAS THOMPSON, POLLY THOMPSON’S illegitimate, of Columbia County, by which it appears, that Lot number one hundred and ninety-six,(196) in the (3rd) District of Troup County, was drawn by said illegitimate, and that the said lot…