Built in 1847; located in land lot 78 of the 4th district. At some time prior to 1847, there came from Scotland to Troup County Robert Robertson, who bought from James O’Neal a site a short distance west of the Smith Mill on the Salem Road, and established thereon the first textile plant of the county, which was known as the Robertson Woolen Mill. From far and near the patrons brought their bags of wool for cleaning and carding. It was returned to them in long rolls or balls ready for the home spinner or weaver. The success of this mill inspired the next textile venture in a district purely agricultural.