WILL of Sidney Harrison Epps, 1960 – Madison County, GA.
I, Sidney Harrison Epps, of said State and County, being of sound and disposing mind and memory, do make this my last will and testament, hereby revoking and annulling all others by me heretofore made.
1. I desire and direct all my just debts be paid without unnecessary delay, by my executor herein named and appointed.
2. I desire and direct that my body be buried in a Christian like manner, suitable to my circumstances and condition in life.
3. I give, bequeath and devise all the property that I die seized and possessed of, to my children, share and share, and they are, Mrs. Ola Hardigree, Hoyt Epps, Claude Epps, William Epps, Cleo Epps, Mrs. Lola Sorrow, however, I desire and direct that such property that I die seized and possessed of be sold by my executor, and after paying all debts, that the same be divided between all of my children, in equal parts share and share alike.
4. I have made no contract or agreement with any child or children of mine to look after me in my old age, however, I do desire that such child or children that does look after me in my last days, and provide for me, that such child or children shall first be paid a reasonable sum for such services, before there is any division.
5. I hereby appoint and constitute Mrs. Lola Sorrow the executrix of this my last will and testament, and I expressly confer upon her power, as such, to administer mye state, excusing her from giving bond, or making any returns, or any inventory or appraisal, and I expressly confer upon her the power to sell any and all of estate either at public or private sale, with or without notice, and as she may deem best and to the best of her discretion, without any order from any Court, making good and sufficient conveyance to the purchaser, and then dividing the remainder among my children, as herein directed.
This July 21, 1960. /s/ Sidney H. Epps Seal The foregoing instrument was signed, sealed, declared and published by Mrs. Sidney Epps, as her last will and testament, in the presence of us, the undersigned, who, at her special instance and request, do attest as witnesses, after said testatrix had signed her name thereto, and in her presence and in the presence of each other.
/s/ Mrs. Julian Gurley /s/ R. H. Gordon /s/ J. D. Harwell Probated in Common Form and Admitted to Record March 5, 1970 Coke Davis, Ordinary
Contributed by Connie Epps Bond. Posted with her permission.