I invite you to enter a query for your Coweta County ancestors.
A few basic rules for posting your query:
- Your query must have an Coweta county connection or it will not be posted.
- Please put the date, your name and email address on the first line.
- Please do not post queries for tracing living individuals.
- Please do not post information on living individuals.
- Please be specific, do not just list a surname in your query.
- Please be sure to include at least one date in your query, even if its approximate. (See example)
- Please use capitalization on surname only. (See example)
Example of a good query: Looking for information on John DOE, b: abt 1842 in GA, d: unk. Family tradition has it that John came to Coweta County abt 1885 with friends he fought with in the Civil War.
1 thought on “Coweta County GA Queries”
My 2x great grandfather, Elijah William PHILLIPS b: 24 Feb 1833 in Troup County Georgia and died abt 1867 in Georgia. His son, William PHILLIPS, b: 1 Feb 1861, d:10 Oct 1925 La Grange Troup Co Georgia. I am looking both Elijah Willam PHILLIPS, who had land grants in Coweta County from Civil War, and his son William F. PHILLIPS. Elijah’s will was probated and is in Will Book B page 270 or 271. How might I obtain a copy of both Wills?
Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. I am applying for membership to DAR and these are the missing links needed to process my membership.