Cemetery

Old Cartecay United Methodist Church Cemetery

These are the graves in the old church cemetery. The church burned down about 1855 and was rebuilt on land donated by Barnett Wilson in 1859 from virgin pine on the land. The original church grounds and cemetery reverted back to the Lewis Ellington family at some point and then belonged to S. M. Simmons and was deeded back to the CUMC in 1940 by a descendant, W. A. Simmons. There are no doubt many unmarked graves that remain to be identified – so if anyone should know that their ancestor was buried there for certain, please contact us or …

Old Cartecay United Methodist Church Cemetery Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top